Saturday, September 27, 2014

Shine Kids

Feeling really really really tired as of now, going home from Shine Kids. Today, there were about 5 volunteers to 20 kids and the boys were really rowdy. I realized I need to learn how to look stern and be fierce when I need too, and do that well. But on a nicer note, Nicholas came today to help teach the upper primary kids frisbee, and we had a really good time! And because there were only 3 upper primary kids, I was able to get the lesson about respect across nicely, toether with Nicholas, who then helped them see how they could apply 'respect' in playing frisbee! 

Though I feel tired, I feel this inner joy in serving still in this local mission field. It's a joy that comes from Jesus' love for me and love for the children of the world. A nice text from Ian about joy in serving really helped put all this into perspective! 

Blogging from my phone is pretty awesome (: I think I will update about life on-the-go from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

YMPACT Inside Out 2015 Reflections

So many things have happened since my last post, and this whole year. It's really flown by like a bullet train. But instead of trying ...