Sunday, May 18, 2014

Introduction

Welcome to this new space!

For good ole' friends who used to read the blog I've kept from secondary 1 till now, you might be wondering why I'm moving to this space instead. That blog documents my entire secondary school life and most of my JC life too. Plus bits and pieces of my first two years in SUTD. However as time went by, my frequency of publishing posts dropped to the point where you could probably count the number of posts published in a year. There are a few reasons I can attribute that to:

1) SUTD life was really intense - Little time to sit down and blog. Living in the present took precedence.
2) I didn't have much of a target audience, except just for private records and for close friends.
3) Updating posts with a whole spew of pictures took forever to upload and publish.

The old blog will be left as it is as a beautiful archive for me to look back. I decided that overhauling that blog's template and all would erode the original essence of the memories of my younger self, so the most viable option would be to start on a clean slate. The old blog, a distant memory, is actually one of the best gifts I could give myself someday, even as the memories of the past decade begin to become fuzzy. There are many memories from my first two years as an undergraduate that I failed to capture, but I believe that unlike my younger self, I really don't need to describe every single detail of it because of the sheer intensity and lack of focus in such a writing style. Thankfully, Instagram, Facebook and Adobe Lightroom generally archive that all for me, minus the personal thoughts.

Looking back, I do see how much I have grown and changed and I strongly feel that my life in the twenties will be exciting in a different way. Therefore, moving forward, I plan on blogging regularly about pivotal events and my thoughts on various things. Look forward to posts about faith, photography and life! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

YMPACT Inside Out 2015 Reflections

So many things have happened since my last post, and this whole year. It's really flown by like a bullet train. But instead of trying ...